Butter Public Relations: Internship Opportunity (Part-time)
- 15-20 Hours per week for 3 months
- Ideally between the hours of 10 and 2 – 3 days a week: Mon/Weds/Fri preferred.
- Open to current marketing, communications or public relations students or recent graduates only
- High standard of quality and work ethic is a must
- Appreciation of many different types of music and able to deal with repetitive pop and indie rock tracks.
- Strong writing, research and fact-checking skills
- Overall wicked / positive / problem solving / perceptive attitude.
- Exceptional knowledge of food, the Canadian food market, chefs, restaurants, media, food events and key players
- Practical public relations, event management and people skills are a huge bonus
- Socially capable of handling yourself autonomously at various events
- Intermediate computer skills are essential: Photoshop, Excel, Word, WordPress, Excel, Illustrator and Excel (we mentioned excel right?)
- Social Media savvy in a professional capacity (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, WordPress, Tumblr, Linked In)
- Must be comfortable working remotely or from a home office setting.
HOW TO APPLY
Current resume shouldn’t be longer than two pages in PDF format, not written in Times New Roman.
Cover letter must answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Butter PR?
- What types of blogs interest you, what is the name of yours?
- What types of Social Media do you use?
- What is the name of your favourite restaurant?
- Name your favourite meal?
- Do you cook?
- On average how much time do you spend on Tumblr?
- What is your favourite kitchen tool and why?
Separate from your cover letter and resume, write a review of your favourite restaurant in no more than 200 words. If you want to include a photo of the restaurant, provide the appropriate credit.
In 50 words or less tell us your 5 year career goal.
Please send above items to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “BUTTER INTERN”
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:00p.m. EST.
Do not send your resume using a Hotmail account
Only those who meet the qualifications and are being considered will be contact. Thank you for your interest.