POSITION: Account Manager
START DATE: Immediate
Due to continuing strong business growth, CANDICE&ALISON INC. is looking for a proactive, professional and experienced Account Manager with event management experience to join our team and become part of our success story.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for sourcing new customers and developing long term relationships with them
- Have a proven track record of sales and account management in the Events, Conference and/or Exhibitions market
- Have the ability to sell to senior level prospects and customers
- Be based in Toronto and have a network of senior business contacts in the area
- Possess sound business acumen and the ability to understand the needs of potential and current customers in relation to their business culture and structure, needs and goals. Also be well-versed and knowledgeable in applicable event references when presenting ideas and inspirations to customers.
- Be self-starting and able to initiate and progress prospects on own initiative
- Be computer literate in standard MS office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign as a bonus
- Be very organized, detail-oriented with an acute eye for aesthetics and quality in order to maintain the CANDICE&ALISON brand and standard of execution
Your role will be to:
- Develop and source new business
- Identify opportunities as they arise
- Keep clear records of all communications, meetings and sales in order to report to management
- Telephone prospecting calls to source sales leads
- Sales calls to potential and incumbent clients to grow or keep relationships
- Develop & manage individual sales pipeline
- Assist in onsite client management and event coordination inclusive of creating schedules, supplier lists, floor plans and design as per company process and procedures
- Attend social and business events for the purpose of generating new sales leads
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of each clients’ business, culture, strategy and direction
- Grow margin where possible to ensure company and team targets are met/ exceeded
- Prepare well researched and accurate proposal documents and client contracts and present them to prospective clients
- Ensure all relevant delegate, client and supplier correspondence is documented and followed-up on within stated deadlines
- Travel as required including meetings, site visits and on site event management within Toronto and outside of Toronto or Canada (if applicable)
- Attend regular supplier meetings / functions
Please submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com by Feb 1st 2011.
If you would like to post your own fashion-related intern or job posting on Fashion Magnet at no charge, please submit your job description and preferred image to gail [at] magnetcreative.ca. Only those suitable for my readers will be posted.