The second production in the Underground/Opera series. Performed inside an industrial space in Toronto’s West End, Orlando/Lunaire will be a mash-up performance combining the baroque opera Orlando by G.F. Handel with one of the masterworks of twentieth-century atonality: Arnold Schoenberg’s Pierrot Lunaire. Radically combining early and modern music, video projections, avant-garde fashion and opera with an unlikely and raw environment, this unique production promises to be a totally new opera experience.
Cutting-edge Toronto fashion designer Heidi Ackerman will design the costumes. Ms. Ackerman is a rising star on the Toronto fashion scene. Her avant-garde aesthetic is a perfect match for this experimental project, and combined with the industrial setting, promises to transform the production from an opera performance into an art-fashion event.
- Conducted by Ashiq Aziz
- Directed and Designed by Patrick Eakin Young
- Costume Design by Heidi Ackerman
- Lighting Design by Burke Brown
- Starring: Scott Belluz and Carla Huhtanen
- Where: Storage Shed @ 128 Sterling Avenue
- When: (all performances at 8pm) 22, 25, 26, 27, 28 August 2010
- Admission: $35/$20 for under 30 and seniors
- Tickets: www.brownpapertickets.com, 1-800-838-3006