Monarch Events – the team responsible for many amazing events and fashion shows, including LG Fashion Week, Bell Mobility Gala, Book Lovers Ball, Cashmere, Harry Rosen, and many more is looking for one or two interns to assist owner Erika Larva and coordinator Liz Walsh for the fall season. (Both these ladies I have know for many, many years and they are wonderfully sweet and kind.) Many of you might have even noticed them running around with headsets during LG Fashion Week still managing to look effortlessly glamourous.
Trust me – this truly is an amazing opportunity for anyone interested in learning more about event planning and fashion show coordination. Much of what I know about coordinating events is from working directly with Erika on fashion shows (like Harry Rosen) at the beginning of my career. Starting date is late August for “training” and the position will go until end of October.
Acting as a personal assistant, you would provide support in the following:
Administrative / computer work:
- contact agencies re model bookings / schedule fittings, etc
- research creatives on web as it relates to the various shows & events
- create documents for the various events
- organize binders for the various events
- make appointments on my behalf – keep my schedule organized
- attend shows & events to facilitate “jobs” on site – shadow me and Liz
He/she would need to be available at least 2 full days a week, have a flexible schedule especially for the month of October where they will be needed more days as this is the heavy month of shows.
They should e-mail me their resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and also copy Liz at email@example.com.
Interviews start end of August/early September.