Fashion CURES à la mode (FCM) will host a press conference and cocktail at the Parliament on May 10th, 2010, at 5:00pm to inform MP’s and the media of the fashion industry’s needs; to invest further in it and promote it further nationally and globally in this struggling economy. The panel will be composed of Jason Meyers (Project Runway Canada designer), Richard Robinson (Ottawa couturier, Economics Professor), and chaired by MP Dr. Carolyn Bennett.
The press conference will be followed by a cocktail reception in the evening where proceeds of the tickets will be donated to Ovarian Cancer Canada. This will be the first of a series of four events hosted by FCM for the 2010 season. Fashion CURES à la mode works to promote Canadian designers and support the charity Ovarian Cancer Canada, helping to fight the disease
- Press release of FCM’s program
- Speech by Ovarian Cancer Canada representative
- Complimentary refreshments (hors d’oeuvres, sweets, coffee)
- Gift bags by luxury skin care line, Harnn & Thann
Teaser of event features such as:
- A sneak-peak at some of the designer pieces to be showcased
- A digital show of some of the participants, sponsors and FCM’s work
- Official announcement of the list of sponsors and participants
Parliamentary cocktail will be held May 10th, 2010 at 5 p.m. at the Parliament, Wellington Street, room TBC, Ottawa. Ticket proceeds will be donated to Ovarian Cancer Canada and are available for purchase here. For more information, visit www.fashioncuresalamode.com.