Always a great night to support of the Toronto Fashion Incubator (TFI), the annual New Labels® Fashion Show & Gala presented by ELLE Canada is taking place on Saturday, April 24th at The Carlu (one of my favourite venues in Toronto). It’s always a great evening with a wonderful crowd of fashionable people and a preview of some wonderful up-and-coming Canadian fashion designers. (Previous New Labels participants include David Dixon, NADA and Juma.) A portion of the net proceeds from the gala go to the TFI – a non-profit, community-based, small business centre that provides critical support to fashion entrepreneurs.
Each of the five finalists took part in a meticulous six-month judging process, and this is the night where they showcase their final collections during the runway portion of the evening. The finalist will be selected live that evening, winning a prize package worth at over $35,000 including $10,000 cash from Barbie®.
The finalists are:
Judges include: Rita Silvan (ELLE Canada), Derick Chetty (Toronto Star), David Dixon (David Dixon Inc.), Adriana Gut (Mattel Canada), Jason Morikawa (Holt Renfrew) and Peter Papapetrou (Fashion Stylist). Hosted by the lovely Anne-Marie Mediwake of CBC News Now, the night includes cocktails & hors d’oeuvres, a VIP dinner and an ELLE Canada goody bag.
- Location: The Carlu, 444 Yonge Street, Toronto
- Date: Saturday April 24th, 2010
- Time: 6:00pm VIP Cocktail, 7:00pm General Admission Cocktail, 7:00pm VIP Dinner
- Show time: 9:00 New Labels® Competition & Fashion Show
- Tickets: GA Cocktail $55, VIP Dinner & Cocktail $255, VIP Dinner & Cocktail Table for 10 $2,000
- All ticket levels available at www.elleevent.com