Art of Fashion: Event Curator
The Art of Fashion is looking for an Event Curator for their annual event. The Event Curator is responsible for the interpretation and overall visual presentation of the Art of Fashion Design Competition & Trunk Show “Fashion meets Art Exhibit”. The Curator is responsible for selecting the participants and will act as a liaison with contractors and suppliers during planning and execution of the event. They are looking for a two year commitment from January 2010 in an active role on the Event Committee and in a mentoring role to aid in succession planning in 2011. This is a volunteer position, great for someone who is looking to expand their portfolio or who has an interest in the arts and fashion.
The Art of Fashion is a non for profit organization committed to fostering the career of emerging Canadian apparel and accessory designers by creating platforms for exposure. For further information on the organization please visit www.artoffashion.org.
Reports to: Business Development Manager
The Event Curator’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Development of annual event theme
- Preparation of theme story board
- Development of theme description
- Development of theme conceptual designs
- Communication of theme conception to necessary team managers.
- Management of theme consistency
- Plans and designs or supervises the planning and design of all exhibits and presentations.
- Selection of top 10 Art of Fashion Design Finalists
- Selection of top 50 Art of Fashion Trunk Show Participants
- In charge of execution of Art of Fashion Window Display.
- Oversee the event set-up, operation, and tear down.
- Assist the 10 design finalist with their day of event exhibits
- Visionary behind theme and event décor for The Art of Fashion Design Competition & Trunk Show
- Update Business Development Manager
- Maintain and track all activity for their own discipline, and send progress updates as required.
- Follow timelines and critical paths.
- Implement and research internal systems that will aid in managing and executing events more efficiently
- Establish practices, policies and/or procedures for the organization.
- Post-event follow-up to ensure designer satisfaction.
- Appoint sub-committees of coordinators, specialists, volunteers, etc. for support, as needed.
- Participate and complete post-event survey, summary, follow-up and debriefings.
- Compile and submit final report to Board of Directors upon completion of the Design Competition and Trunk Show – report should include recommendations for future Art of Fashion events
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Visual art experience
- Design experience
- Merchandising experience
- Art Curating experience
- Experience in working with non for profit organizations
- Experience leading an volunteer team
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and manage timelines and execution on multiple jobs
- Self motivated, and able to work independently
- Strong logistical skills
- Innovative, flexible and open minded
- Resourceful and creative
- MUST be strategic & organized
- Reliability, enthusiasm, initiative and enjoyment of working with people on a team are required
For more information, or to apply contact Michelle Planche, President/Founder at firstname.lastname@example.org.